LynxWiki is Open Source software using the Apache v2.0 license. LynxWiki leverages and integrates numerous other Open Source projects and tools, many licensed also under Apache V2.0 license, MIT license, with a Creative Commons attribution license or in the public domain with no copyright.
LynxWiki gets capability from the following projects:
- Lucene.Net - http://lucenenet.apache.org - provides full text searching
- IronPython - http://ironpython.codeplex.com and http://ironpython.net - python scripting
- jsMath and TeX fonts - http://www.math.union.edu/~dpvc/jsmath/ - mathematical formula creation
- SyntaxHighlighter - http://alexgorbatchev.com/SyntaxHighlighter - code format and display
- SQLite - http://www.sqlite.org/ - to store form data and results
- Silk Icons - http://www.famfamfam.com - icons for enhancing links used in the application
LynxWiki of course depends upon a number of Microsoft technologies. The application is written in MVC 4 using C# and developed using Visual Studio 2012. LynxWiki makes extensive use of Regular Expressions to parse text entered into the wiki. The parser creates and intermediate output in XML and the XML is transformed to HTML5 by an XSLT process.